10 December 2009

I do, right?

I have recently been accused of not having a soul by someone I'm sure reads this blog, whether or not they admit to it. He said I need to find one before I can have a soulmate and he seemed rather insistent. He's wrong, right? I have a soul, don't I? Don't I? I'm not sure what it looks like because I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find it. Or do I really not have one? Where would I look? What if it's dusty or fragile or already broken? Is it something I could have sold like a chicken? What if it was the chicken? No, I don't think it was. Maybe I gave it to someone and thought it was a fruitcake? Maybe there's only one soul and I don't have it today? Maybe it really is like a fruitcake, being passed around for eternity. Maybe I didn't inherit one? Maybe there's a soul gene? I'm sure I would have gotten that, right? What if I have thousands of souls and lose one every month? What if it's something that girls don't have? Maybe it's like a hymen and breaks the first time? Maybe it's like something else and gets removed at a certain point in life? Well, if you're reading this, o great expert on souls, you could answer some of my questions? Maybe someone else can confirm that I do, indeed, have a soul? I promise a hug to the first person! It's redeemable upon actually meeting me in person, of course, and I'm a very busy girl. Maybe being busy a lot means I have no soul? What if I baked it into a cake? Mmm, soul cake.

6 comments:

  1. You realize by telling me you've posted, it means I'm most likely to be given a hug? Was that intentional?
    I'm not sure whether to facepalm myself or comfort you...or laugh...I mean, it might have been half a brick. Fine, I'll confirm it; YOU have a soul. That other person has a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't say that first part with your voice? It's not like I don't give you enough ehugs! That ehug I just gave you was the only one you get for this!
    But thank you anyway. Now I know. I just hope he confesses to actually reading my posts. He'll get a good upper-spine-pat. That's where he must hide his chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw crap, I missed my shot for an eventual hug. X|

    OH WELL, such is life!

    Anyway; if you think/believe/whatever/etc the fact that you have a soul... then you have a soul. No one can take it from you by saying otherwise.

    I was 100% with you until you mentioned hymens... then I was only 99% with you. A valid question, but... yeah. *shakes head quickly*

    Also: Whoever this person is who claimed you had no soul, needs to reread his "literature" (I assume him/her to be some form of christian) as that comment they made isn't very good natured.

    Or maybe it was me that said that and forgot I said such a horrible thing? If it was then I owe you a GIANT ARSE APOLOGY!


    ....I'll make you one in awhile if that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll make an apology or a soul?
    He does happen to be christian, but from what I've gathered, he believes souls can be used to barter with satan for anything.
    He apologized. He does read this, though, so I'm at least sure of 5 people I know in person who read this. Why they don't subscribe confuses me. I think they should and I should be paid for each subscription, but as you said, such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apology or not, I'd still tell him to go fuck himself... but that's just me.

    At least he apologized... for a comment that shouldn't have been said.

    Well, luck with your eventualities (Death & Taxes). :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a tad harsh, don'cha think?

    To quote George Orwell, 'Who controls the past,' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'
    Relevance to my reply: 15%
    Though it seems nearly irrelevant to the conversation, it applies perfectly with a little thought. Okay, it's kind of a stretch, but it's a good book, k?

    ReplyDelete